Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Stock up on useful cleaning tools and supplies
- Protective gloves (made from rubber or latex)
- Plastic buckets and scrub brushes
- A mop and some large sponges
Make sure your bathroom stays fresh and well-ventilated
- Wipe down the shower after use to keep moisture from accumulating
- Spread out your wet towels so they dry quicker
- Use shower curtains that are easy to clean in order to prevent soap residue, which encourages mold growth
- Reduce the number of bottles and containers you keep in the shower to make cleaning easier and minimize surface areas conducive to mildew build up.
Prevent mold from growing:
- Prevent rain water from dripping into your home. After a storm, make sure no water has collected, and make a point to regularly check any problem areas.
- Fix any plumbing leaks ASAP
- Clean the upholstery and fabrics in your home regularly and make sure to keep them dry, especially after any spills or messes.
- Store your belongings in places that are dry and well-ventilated.
- Make regular use of fans, open windows, and dehumidifiers to minimize moisture in your home.
- When the weather outside is humid, be especially vigilant.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (201) 742-5920
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Hackensack / Little Ferry for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Hackensack / Little Ferry has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Little Ferry
- Ridgefield Park
- South Hackensack
- Hasbrouck Heights